LondonMet Students' Union needs your support!
You are receiving this email because you are one of 1700 LondonMet students that are currently signed up as members of a club or society. A new constitution was imposed upon LondonMetsu that will severely restrict your rights as a student.
Please sign our online petition and leave messages by visiting.
Why should you care about it?
As a student and society member you will be affected as follows:
· This constitution removes all responsibility students had in organising social and recreational services.
· This constitution is cutting out the possibility of final year students of being eligible as sabbatical officers. It also prevents Freshers and those with a mental health difficulty to stand for election.
· The university proposes not to fund or recognise the Students' Union if we do not have 7.5% of all eligible voters take part in elections. Under new regime sabbatical officer will not have any staff support or funding to help run the campaign.
· They have taken clubs and societies away from the union and removed peer support.
· The new constitution removes the Participation and Development Officer position.
You can get more info from the Education Guardian:
We need some support if we are to prevent this constitution from going through our Board of Governors. Please sign our online petition and leave messages by visiting.
With your support we will hopefully get the London Metropolitan Board of Governors to see sense. Please show your support!!